Nutritious, delicious and refreshing! this breakfast recipe is the perfect summer indulgence that is packed with vitamins. Best served in clear glasses so you can see the layers the these can even be used as a light dessert.
Berries combined with Greek yoghurt topped with granola – the textures in these pots are amazing! From the tang of the berries to the creaminess of the yoghurt and the crunch of the granola – it keeps your taste buds alive!
You can personalise these to your own tastes by adding more granola, less yoghurt etc or you could even add a drizzle of honey in with the yoghurt layer.
These are packed full of vitamins and probiotics which are good for your health. They’ll also keep you full for hours!
· 500g pack frozen summer fruits
· 4-6 tbsps. caster sugar
· Greek style yoghurt
· Vanilla extract
· Granola (plain or fruity works best)
1. In a saucepan combine the summer fruits with 4 tbsps. sugar and combine over a medium heat. Simmer for 3-4 mins until well combined and saucy. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. In a separate bowl combine to Greek yoghurt with the vanilla extract to taste.
3. In glasses or parfait dishes start by layering 2 tbsps. of fruit mixture in the bottom. Top with 3-4 tbsp. of yoghurt* then 2 tbsp. granola.
4. Repeat these layers until the glass is full.
*At this stage you could also add a drizzle of honey.