These light, bite-sized cheesecake tarts are perfect for a summer party or buffet. The lemon-y cheesecake filling in crisp pastry cases topped with fresh fruits make a perfect treat – it’s impossible to stop at 1! They’re quick and easy to make but will give the impression you’ve been working away for hours!
The soft, buttery pastry filled with the tangy lemon filling and the sweet burst from the fresh fruit is utterly divine! You want to make sure you use the Philadelphia cream cheese as its the best quality and when making the filling, it needs to be extremely smooth.
These are easily customised – use any sort of fruits to create different tastes:
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- Tropical – mango, pineapple, kiwi, grapes
- Summer – nectarine, peach, plum, cherries
Fruity Cheesecake Bites
· 225g plain flour
· 110g butter
· 80g caster sugar
· 1 large egg
· 2 x 180g Philadelphia cream cheese
· 4 tbsps. icing sugar
· 2 tsp lemon juice
· 2 tbsps. honey
· Assortment of fruit (I used strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries)
1. Combine flour, butter and sugar in a food processer and blend until bread crumbs form. Add the egg a little at a time until a ball forms.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured worktop. They need to be very thin and use a cutter bigger than your tin.
3. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
4. Bake blind (place greaseproof paper on top of the pastry with baking beans or rice inside) for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool.
5. Combine cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and honey until thoroughly combined.
6. Place 1 and ½ tbsp. of cheesecake mixture into each tart then smooth down.
7. Top with an assortment of fruit.