As well as baking, I love making bread. There’s nothing better than the smell of bread baking in the oven. I get great satisfaction from making a soft, fluffy loaf of bread and knowing It’s come out perfectly. Making bread isn’t the easiest thing to make but its possible once you know how.
This recipe makes one of the softest breads I’ve ever made. These garlic dough sticks are incredibly fluffy and extremely moreish! T’ the perfect accompaniment to many different meals. I discovered this recipe last year when I was looking for a recipe for homemade garlic bread and I’ve adjusted it with the addition of chopped garlic in the butter to give it a more intense garlic flavour. Try this for yourself next time and discover the buttery soft taste of this amazing bread dough.
I don’t give specified measurements for the butter as It’s all down ro personal tastes. I tend to brush the ticks a few times with the butter so it sometimes takes a lot oe and o course it depends on how many sticks ou make. Start off with 50g of butter and you can always make more if you need to.
Oven – 200ºc
- 400g bread flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. warm water
- 1 ½ tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 ¾ tsp salt
- Unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Fresh or dried parsley
- In a bowl of electric stand mixer combine all dough ingredients except flour. Gradually add the flour while mixing on low. Increase speed to medium once all the flour is added and knead dough for 5-10 mins, until smooth and elastic
- Place dough in oiled bowl and cover with tea towel. Leave to rise for 1 ½ hours until doubled in size.
- Knead dough and divide into 8-12 pieces. Roll into shape. Place on lined baking sheet, cover and leave to rise for an hour.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. While baking combine the garlic butter ingredients in saucepan on a low heat. Remove the dough sticks from oven and brush with the butter mixture.